Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Spring 2013 Race Photos

The 2013 spring season has been an extremely successful one for me.  I kicked things off with a third place finish in 14:54 at the Haddonfield Adrenaline 5k - unfortunately there were no photos from that race.  Next up was the Valley Forge Revolutionary 5 Miler which I won in 26:32.  I followed that with a 10th place finish at Broad Street in 50:28.  I was also the 4th American.  Finally, I finished 3rd in the Key Bank Vermont City Marathon in a huge PR of 2:22:28.  I'm not done yet as I will be competing in the USA Half Marathon Championships in Duluth, Minnesota on June 22nd!

Here are a few photos from my races so far this spring.

Crossing the finish line for the win at Valley Forge

Battling down the finishing straight at Broad Street with Wade Miller and Birhanu Tadesse.  I knew there was a top ten spot on the line and there was no way I was losing to either of these two!
4th American at Broad Street
Top 5 Americans at Broad Street
About the only time this would be dry for the next couple of hours.

VCM Start - I like how I am dead center in the frame
Here I climb the only significant hill on the course.  For the next couple of minutes after climbing this hill, which is located at about 15.5 miles, life was miserable.
I love this picture taken at the finish of the race.  At this point I was thinking of nothing but holding off the charging relay runner.
Got to compete against and chill with some pretty chill guys in Vermont including two previous Trials qualifiers in Matt Pelletier and Mike Wardian.
It was a good day for the Keystone Elite, as Lauren also finished third in the women's race!

These are all the photos I was tagged in (or willing to pay for from photo services online).  It was a great spring so far and I'm hoping I can still accomplish one more big PR in the half marathon out in Minnesota and get some valuable championship race experience in the process.







No comments:

Post a Comment